Simon House Volunteer Needs
Regular Volunteer Opportunities
Daytime -- provide a specific day for transportation for residents to do errands locally (especially grocery shopping, which is difficult on the bus for larger families).
Afternoons/Evenings -- read, play games, crafts, tutor or supervise homework time with resident children. Help adult residents with class work for college classes.
Mornings/Afternoons -- plan special activities with residents and their children; provide extra school help for adults and children.
8:45 - 9:45 p.m. -- Panera Bread pick up.
Transportation to church, library; host family friendly activities.
On Call Opportunities
- Help residents move in or move out
- Participate in special work days for the repair or maintenance of the house
- Help with computer training for residents
- Occasional transportation for appointments, education, and special outings
- Occasional child care for times when education classes are held
- Help with special fundraising evenints
- Help with minor household repairs
- Take items to Goodwill on our behalf
Serving on the Board or One of the Committees of the Board
Our current committees include: Resident Care, Building and Grounds, Personnel, Policies and Procedures, Fundraising, Finance and Grants, and Publicity.
Please see one of the members of the Board if you would like to serve in one of these capacities.
Off Site Opportunities
- Hold donation drives for items needed by the house (such as diapers and baby items; Lowe's gift cards for tools and repairs; cleaning and laundry items; personal hygiene products; children's clothes; new resident kits)
- Host a speaker to talk about our program
- Select Simon House as a recipient of your United Way donation.